OXO COMPETITION TERMS &
CONDITIONS: OXO Masterclass with chef Dean Edwards
The organiser of the “OXO Masterclass with chef Dean Edwards” competition is HOT (UK) LIMITED with its registered address at 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA trading as OXOand the competition is administered by Unify PR & Marketing (Brighouse Road, Halifax, HX3 8EF). By participating in this competition, the participant accepts the following terms & conditions:
The competition starts on the 16/01/2023, 00:01 and ends on 27/01/2023, 23:59 UK time.
THE PRIZE INCLUDES:
- 1 X ticket to an exclusive cookery masterclass in London on 12/02/2023, hosted by celebrity chef Dean Edwards
- £70 contribution to travel expenses
- A goody bag from OXO containing a selection of iconic cooking tools
- 8 winners will be drawn from the participants
The winner will be contacted by email and must accept the prize within 3 days of notification. Otherwise, a new winner will be drawn from the remaining participants. This winner will also be contacted by e-mail and must respond within 3 working days. If no winner emerges, the prize is forfeited.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- Open to UK residents, aged 18 and over, excluding employees of OXO, Unify PR & Marketing, their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with the management of the prize draw.
- No purchase necessary. The prize is non-transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent for the prize is permitted.
- Entry is via the online form available at www.oxouk.com/masterclass-chef-dean-edwards
- Start date: 16/01/2023, 00:01 UK time.
- Closing date: 27/01/2023, 23:59 UK time.
- Only one entry per person. Only completed registrations during the specific promotional period will be entitled to be entered into the draw.
- The prize: 1 ticket to the OXO Masterclass with chef Dean Edwards at Waitrose Cooking School in London on Sunday 12th February 2023. You must redeem your prize for the Masterclass by 2/02/2023, 23.59 UK time.
- Please allow 3 days for delivery/ notification of prize info unless otherwise stated.
- OXO may disallow entries, refuse to award any prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant’s fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these terms and conditions.
- No cash, exchange or other alternative to the stated prize is available, except in the event of unforeseen circumstances the stated prize is no longer available; OXO reserves the right to provide a similar prize or a prize of equal value.
- Winners will be selected from all valid entries in a random draw to be conducted within 1 working day of the closing date.
- Winners will be notified by email on 30/01/2023. The winner must then confirm acknowledgment by return email within 3 days or they will lose their entitlement to the prize. Unclaimed prizes will be void.
- All winners will receive a contribution towards travel expenses to attend the Masterclass of up to a maximum of £70 per person. Winners to notify [email protected] of bank details before 28/02/2023. Reimbursement will be made within 21 days, please submit your travel receipts.
- By entering the competition winners are consenting to participate in promotional activity, including image and video content to be shared across all of OXO’s digital channels and marketing materials.
Prize Competition Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is for people who enter a prize competition run by OXO
It explains how OXO collects, uses and shares the personal data you submit in connection with the prize competition, and your rights in relation to such personal data.
As a result of your engagement with OXO we will hold your “personal data”, i.e. information in a form that identifies you as individual (often referred to as “data” in this Notice).
OXO is the data controller of the information it collects and processes as described in this Notice. This means that it has the core legal responsibility to safeguard the information and ensure it is processed lawfully. The law is set out in the UK Data Protection Act 2018. In particular OXO must:
- Take steps to ensure that the data it processes is accurate and up to date;
- Give you clear information about its processing of your data, in one or more Privacy Notices like this one;
- Only process your data for specific purposes described to you in a Privacy Notice, and only share your data with third parties as provided for in a Privacy Notice; and
- Keep your data secure.
How we collect your data
We collect your personal data from the information you provide to us when you enter the prize competition. This may consist of your name and contact details (e.g. email address).
How we use your data
Your data will be used by OXO for the purposes of managing and administering the prize competition, including notifying you if you are a winner.
Details of any other uses of your data will be included in the competition terms and conditions.
The basis for processing your information
When we use your data in order to manage and administer the prize competition, this processing is necessary for your participation in the prize competition.
When we use your data for any other purpose, we will set out the basis for this processing in the relevant prize competition terms and conditions or other privacy terms which we may ask you to accept separately.
How long your information is kept
We will keep your data only for as long as necessary for the purposes set out above and for any audit or legal purposes.
Under the UK Data Protection Act you have a number of rights in relation to our processing of your data. These include:
- Right to request access to your data as processed by OXO and information about that processing
- Right to rectify any inaccuracies in your data
- Right to request erasure of your data from our systems and files
- Right to place restrictions on our processing of your data
- Right to object to our processing of your data
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Exercising your rights as a data subject
If you have any questions or concerns about our processing of your data, please contact us on [email protected]
We will always aim to respond clearly and fully to any concerns you have about our processing and requests to exercise the rights set out above.